Thursday, July 14, 2011

Welcome to my humble home..

Come in, sit down, converse.
It doesn't always look like this --
Some times it's even worse!

I had a nice hotel, the Melia, for my first three days in Atlanta. I had researched the area thoroughly, and decided I wanted to live near work, yet far enough north that I wouldn't be downtown at night.

I found the perfect place at Uptown Square Apartments, in what is called the Lindbergh City Center.

Here's what wikipedia has to say:
In the early 2000s, as part of the Lindbergh City Center project, two large office buildings, retail, restaurants and parking decks were constructed on MARTA owned land above the station and in 2005 ground was broken across Piedmont for a large "new urbanist" development. Originally, the station consisted of a single island platform when opened in 1984. In 2002, during the development of the surrounding area, a side platform was constructed on the northbound side of the station to accommodate the increased ridership and transfers between the Red and Gold rail llines.

My apartment building is part of this construction. Here is what it looks like:

I am in the rear of the building, 3rd floor, overlooking the swimming pool. (I drew an arrow pointing to my balcony).


(And, no, I haven't used the pool yet. But it is beautiful looking down at it.)

My apartment is 708 square feet, and laid out in the mirror image of this:


My furniture right now is rather sparse -- a folding table and chair and an airbed -- with a memory foam topper. I only need to put air in every few days, and the foam doesn't squeak as much as it did, although I will probably put some kind of lining under it.

Next post: more about my new job.


1 comment:

  1. Mom and I were looking at your apartment. It looks real nice, and the pool is very inviting.
    Donna (she made me type the post)

    ReplyDelete